Saturday, April 12, 2008

Will I Be On TV Next?

Today I was in a commercial shoot. I even had a line to say. Who would have ever guessed I would do such daring things?

So you recognize the commercial when it comes on, I will give some background so you'll know to look for me.

Having been a Slim Body Coach round winner, I am sometimes invited to step in front of a camera to tape an advertisement for the company, GNS. Today about 30 women were gathered in front of the GNS building and an actress played the part of the interviewer, ala "Good Morning America" style where all the people are outside waving at the cameras, etc.

I was directed to stand center front with a gathering of other women on either side. These ladies had been specially chosen because they fit the demographics that the commercial was aimed at. All of us in the front row would be interviewed by the actress.

When the camera started to roll, we had a number of takes. The actress needed to change from a teleprompter to cue cards because of the morning sun. It was chilly outside so between takes we all crowded into the building for a brief warm-up. Once we were actually recording, things went fast. We became a crowd of enthusiastic, animated women cheering, clapping and chatting with each other like we were all best friends. Our hair was whipping in the wind and our noses and cheeks were becoming pink with the chilly Colorado weather, but we were having lots of fun. At the appropriate time, the actress turned to me and asked my name. That's when I was to deliver my line "I'm Rita Pilger and I lost 63 pounds with Slim Seduction and I'm here to get more." The actress then moved down the line of ladies and asked them why they wanted to try Slim Seduction. They were told to make up their own lines. I was happy that I had been told what to say so I didn't have to ad lib. After all, I don't claim "actress"as one of my talents.

With the completion of the final take, the group of ladies was re-arranged so that those in back could be taped closer up. Then we were finished. Inside the office once again, everyone was given a $50 check for their efforts and a free bottle of Slim Seduction. It was a successful video shoot! Now we watch for the premier. I hope I won't be too embarrassed

No comments: