Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I Give Today an "A"

It's been a glorious day! I rejoice in what blessings were mine!

My first joyful event was my 3 1/2 pound loss this week. It's been a long time in coming I'd like to think "the tide has turned". I'm determined to reach my "keeping off pounds" status again soon! I'm inspired now!

Today I also "scored" a free bag of fresh green peppers. I made some stuffed peppers for dinner and they turned out yummy. I don't remember the last time I made them but now I wonder why I don't cook them more often. They were that good!

I was scheduled to work tonight from 4:30 to 9:00. The evening shift usually has 2 of us but I was on my own tonight. It is first week of the racquetball league so I anticipated a busy night. I was pleasantly surprised to see the rush came in spurts so I had breathing time here and there.
As things quieted down I was lamenting that I hadn't had my daily "grandma fix". Since my new granddaughter is only 1 day shy of being two weeks old, our cuddle time is most important to me. As I muddled over this missed opportunity of the day, the door opened and my spirit soared as my daughter came in, carrying my dear little love! She is truly beautiful and I slipped into ecstasy as I held that little baby .girl in my arms

The joy of a newborn is like no other and when that newborn is my grandchild, I'm truly in touch with heaven on earth. I remember the high I had with each of my five children and now my grandchildren are continuing this thrill in my life.

To close out this awesome day, a spring snow storm is in the making. It's raining now and by morning I will be waking up to a winter wonderland. I always delight to see such beauty out my window as the Colorado snow has a way of sticking to the trees, bushes and grass in such a breath-taking display of beauty.

Day is done so I bid you a very good night!

1 comment:

Beth said...

What an uplifting post! I wish you many more days like this!