Saturday, April 16, 2011

My bid for more time!

Why I need more than 24 hours in a day and more that 7 days in a week.

I sit here on the sofa in my living room surrounded by my "stuff" and things I hope to do.

I have my ukulele and it's stand and case and tuner, my uke song books and I'm hoping to practice some songs and strumming.

I also have my two computers with cords strung across the love seat. On one computer I'm writing my book, which btw is up to 42,244 words. The other computer has my pictures downloaded because the USB ports on my main laptop are not working...so I need a trip to Best Buy to the Geek Squad repair folks.

I also have the Healthy Edge notebook and papers from the program I'm doing with my Health & Wellness Coach. Each week I listen to new audio and video classes and I track my eating, exercise, water consumption, etc.

That last paragraph brings me to the hours of exercise I aim to do most days. I work at a fitness center so I can work out whenever I want. Problem is getting there. I love doing the elliptical and the weight machines and treadmill. I sometimes branch out and do other things in the stretching room. I do weight bars, exercise balls and Bosu balls, medicine balls, exercise bands and tubes. If I'm really tired I bike with a touring screen. It's all good for a healthy sweat....which leads to....

Showering, shampooing and continuing maintenance. I think as I get older it might be taking me a little longer. Maybe as much because I can more easily get side-tracked?

And watching Granddaughters while their parents work, my own work schedule, meals (whether eating out or in) are other hourly considerations.

If there is any down time, like sitting down on the full sofa, I do love to check email. My friends are very important to me so I like to write back! I also love to check out Facebook, Twitter and other people's blogs. When I am inspired, or mostly have time, I like to write on my own three blogs.

I also love to travel to fun places and do fun, adventurous things. Amid the hustle and bustle of my life I'm always pondering where and what can I do next. I didn't get to go to Winter Park dog sledding this winter or hot air ballooning yet so those are in my mind. Always I'm watching for
an opportunity to go sailing with friends again. This all takes time, as it starts in the planning stages.

Speaking of planning, I have the whole family and some of their family coming over for Easter dinner. I need to plan my menu, get the house in order, and balance out a Mass time so as to have time to actually do the cooking.

Did I mention my beloved, darling husband, Rex? He works and does deacon ministry so when he is free, I want to hang out with him. Some days that is harder than one would imagine. I've often accompanied him in the car when he has to go somewhere for a few hours just to be with him. I drop him off where he is teaching the deacons and I putter around until it's time to pick him back up. I usually bring my computer and find a Starbucks or Whole Foods Market to write while I wait. I do try to make good use of available time.

People often tell me they don't know how I keep going and doing all I do. I do manage to accomplish some things but all too many stay undone.

It's now midnight. It takes every minute of every day to squeeze in things. I do try to get in eight hours of solid sleep so it looks like I had better close my computer for the night and start counting sheep so tomorrow I can pick up where I left off today!


No comments: