Monday, January 10, 2011

Thinking about my Bucket List

,Yup, that's me in Ketchican, Alaska on a zipline tour complete with three suspension bridges. What an adrenaline rush this was. I did this last summer, June 2010. I decided to post this picture tonight as I ponder the journey I am on. I love high adventure and I wonder what I can find to do in this new year? I have a Bucket List that I review every now and then. I want to add more to my "To Do" list , as soon as I think of some new things.

TO DO:

Hot air ballooning
Key West
New York
New England States
Jazz Fest, New Orleans
Mediterranean Cruise
New England Cruise
Victoria, B.C.
Make a sand angel on a beach
Have a book signing
Publish a book
Go to Hawaii
Raft down the Colorado river in the Grand Canyon
Niagra Falls Maid of the Mist Tour
See Aurora Borealis
Look through a really big/strong telescope (again)
Have a spa day
A week at Canyon Ranch Spa
Be on a rowing team
Play a song on my Ukelele

DONE:
Sail to Catalina and spend 7 nights on Boat
Ride in dinghy
Sailing

Canoeing

Rode on a segway

Visited Plantation homes

Explored Pacific Coast

Played in Pacific Ocean

Played in Atlantic Ocean

Played in Gulf of Mexico

Lake Louise/Banff/Roger’s Pass

Mardi Gras

Canyon Ranch Spa, Tucson, AZ

Flew in twin/ single prop plane

Drove Police Cars

Talked on Police radios

Police Victim Advocate

Quilt Museum Docent

1st place/Best of Show Quilt

Been in a Parade (Red Hats, Parrot Heads)

Drove/Rode in Pontoon boats

Walked Bolder Boulder 10 K and Fairmont School's 3K

Helicopter ride & landed on glacier

Circled summit of Mt McKInley

ATVed

Dog Sledded

Whale watched

Salmon bake

Alaska Rail and Cruise

14 course meal on cruise

Champagne breakfast on ship balcony

Sang Karaoke

Snowmobiling

Fiesta Bowl

Cotton Bowl

Flew into Houston from B.R. to Astrodome for a Astro vs Atlanta Braves game

Hank Aaron hit a home run (Tenneco paid for our skybox)

School at Instituto IberAmericanos, Saltillo, Coah, for 6 weeks

Saw rings of Saturn in a large telescope

San Francisco; Ghiradelli Square, Fisherman's Wharf, Golden Gate Br.,etc

Los Angeles; lived there 3 yr

Met Dustin Hoffman, Buddy Hackett, Monty Hall, Stephanie Powers, "John" from TV show "Lost"

TP'd Grant Park from Conrad Hilton Hotel, Chicago, IL


Things I've Won:

A can of tennis balls (my first win and I was so excited I had tears in my eyes, even though I didn't even play tennis..it was around 1974)

SlimBodyCoach.com Cruise to Caribbean

Margaritaville Frozen Concoction maker

Byers Ice Cream party for 100 people

Werther's Chocolate, 60 pkg.

Joe's jeans and tote bag

Margarita Sensations CD

Swim Skinny CD

Brent Burns CD

$7500 furnace from Applewood PHE (Dec. 17, 2010)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow!!! Those are some great bucket list ideas. I am also really impressed with your accomplishments, especially: "Drove Police Cars" and "TP'd Grant Park from Conrad Hilton Hotel, Chicago, IL". It's nice and encouraging to ready your posts. Keep up the good work. I recently was motivated to start my own bucket list. I use the website: www.KickYourBucketList.com to create my own online life list. Pretty simple and you can signin using your Facebook account. Hope that helps motivate someone.

In any case, good luck with rest of your list!