Sunday, January 9, 2011

Humble beginning of 2011

Gosh it's only into the 2nd week of January, 2011 and I've already been to a funeral this year. Additionally, within the same 24 hours I heard of 2 others I have known that also died within the day. I know deaths seem to increase in January as it's said people wait until after the holidays.

The funeral was a dear lady I knew from church, Marion. She was 85 years old. Her husband, John, has also been a delight for me to know. Marion and I were in the same Red Hat group at church. I used to pick her up and bring her since she wasn't driving and it was more fun for us to go together. To thank me, which wasn't at all necessary, we had lunch at one of her favorite Chinese restaurants one afternoon. Her husband is a retired fire chief. He used to come into the fitness center where I worked while Marion was having her hair done. I always loved seeing them whether it was at church or somewhere else. There were 13 of us Red Hat ladies sitting together at Marion's funeral Mass. Her grandson who gave the Eulogy even referred to her being a member and thanked us for coming to her funeral in our red hats. Her funeral was so sad. Her beloved husband kissed her repeatedly before he closed the casket, after the viewing and before Mass started. His tears brought tears to my eyes. Marion was dearly loved by her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren and many friends. I'm happy to know she rests in peace waiting for her adored husband.

No comments: