Sunday, August 15, 2010

Shoes On a High Wire!

Did you ever throw shoes up in the air, aiming to get them stuck on a line? I am happy to report I never did it but I see it's still in vogue. I found these shoes on the street where my mother-in-law is in a nursing home. It's a lovely, quiet neighborhood and thereby hangs a story. I wonder if it's because it's the end of the summer and kids are restless? The other option is something I once heard when shoes appeared on a line outside of a private school. The story was that hanging shoes shows the location for making drug deals, whether buying or selling. Does anyone else have more info on the history of hanging shoes? It does take some athletic ability to throw this high so maybe it's just boys in competition. Hopefully the new school year athletic shoes have already been bought. I'd hate to think these were still good back-up shoes for a rainy day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We have a lot of those shoes hanging on wires in my neighborhood!

karen lee said...

Right demonstration of personality at the right time is of utmost importance, and to do that we need to be very careful with even minor things and Ladies Shoes collection is very important
I am fashion and Ladies Shoes lover