Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Book in Me

A couple of weeks ago I decided it was time to start writing the book I've been thinking about for a year or two. I had read in a magazine that the entire plot wasn't necessary to have in mind to start writing. So, I declared the start of my book. I excitedly told my husband what I wanted to do. To my surprise he started grinning and I inquired as to his reaction. He said the week before he was ordering books from Amazon and saw two books that he thought I might enjoy and he ordered them for me. He was going to surprise me with them. But now, he said he had to tell me. The first book was "Will Write for Shoes, How to Write a Chick Lit Novel" and the second book was another how-to-write-a-novel by Janet Evanovich. What perfect and wonderful confirmation that I was to write this book. And to my delight, my idea was a definately chick lit, so I had my genre already established. I started writing that very night, even before the books arrived. I have enjoyed planning my characters, plots and twists. I try to write as often as possible but some days slip by without a typed word. It's frustrating when that happens but I also turn that time into more planning and thinking about the story. The books my husband had ordered have arrived and I'm still busy reading them. They are a wonderful help and full of ideas I wasn't aware of. I am looking forward to having a revised manuscript in hand and on it's way to a publisher. Wish me great success!

1 comment:

Queen Jaw Jaw said...

Just write. If you write it, they will come. Words, that is. I look forward to reading it, authographed copy, of course.